Sunday, April 19, 2009

i've been tagged!

tagged by the wonderful Mrs. J L from The JL Family. Her blog is so cute, and her son Johnny is adorable :) I really enjoyed reading 10 honest things about her. Here's my list:

The Rules are as Follows:
1. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs for brilliance in content/design.
2. Show the winners and let them know.
3. List at least 10 honest things about yourself.

  1. I love to cook. My mom is a great cook, but growing up I never had any interest in it. Then I got engaged, something came over me, and all of a sudden I was interested. I guess even though I never tried to learn from my mom, certain things did rub off on me from watching her my whole life because I picked up on it pretty quickly. My favorite thing to cook is Italian food - pastas and risottos.
  2. Gaby and I are obsessed with our dogs, to the point that I think people think we're weird. I know only other dog parents can understand. But to the average person, I'm sure we seem pretty wacky. People keep asking me what we are going to do about our dogs when the baby comes, because right now both of them sleep in our bed. Honestly, I don't see this changing. I don't get what the big deal is. There's plenty of room for the 4 of us plus a baby.
  3. I think I reached my peak of religiousness in high school. At some point in college I started to lose some of my connectedness with God and with praying, and ever since it hasn't been the same. Now that I'm pregnant, I feel some of that slowly coming back to me. I still don't really consider myself that much of a religious person...I think I'm more spiritual than religious, if that makes sense. But I've definitely prayed more in the last few weeks than I have in a long while, and when I go to Mass now (I never stopped going), I feel much more into it and connected with the whole process.
  4. I'm kind of sad that this pregnancy has turned me off from sweets. I'm dying to have something rich and chocolatey like brownies or an Oreo Blizzard from Dairy Queen. But none of those things appeal to me right now.
  5. I want new clothes but I know that's not the wisest thing to spend money on right now. We're trying really hard to save for all the new things we'll be needing in the next 9 months, and I know I should just wait until I see how my body changes before buying anything.
  6. My taste in home decor has been changing a little bit. It sucks because my husband and I were on the same page when we first bought and began to decorate our apartment, but now there's things about it that are starting to annoy me, while Gaby still loves it. I foresee big arguments when we buy a house and have to decorate it because I know he's not going to like some of the "looks" in home decor that I am leaning towards now.
  7. I'm really over school. Like really. I finish on May 8th, which I know is right around the corner, but it seriously feels like an eternity. I have to write two papers and take a final. I know that's really nothing, but when you're tired and distracted and feeling lazy all the time, it's hard to find the motivation. I can't believe this is really it for me...after 13 years of elementary/middle/high school, 4 years of college, and 3 years of law school, I'm finally done!
  8. I think that if I could change anything about myself, one of the first things I would consider doing would be to give myself a beautiful singing voice.
  9. I never want to live anywhere else in the world than where I live now. I guess if i I were a millionaire, I'd have vacation homes in the Caribbean and possibly in Spain or Italy, where I would spend a few months out of the year with Gaby and the kids. But Miami will always be my home base.
  10. I have a really unnatural fear of side zippers...those zippers on dresses or tops that zip up the side of your torso and finish near the armpit. Especially when the piece of clothing is tight. I always get scared that my armpit fat is going to get caught in the zipper when I'm zipping it up. I always hold those things as far away from my body as possible when trying to close them.

No comments:

Post a Comment