Sunday, April 19, 2009

Spinach'n'Peace

My friend Lauren is a very talented artist. I've always been a fan of hers, so of course it makes me extremely proud everytime I see her getting public recognition. I actually commissioned Lauren to create a custom painting for me that I gave my husband as a gift on our 1 year wedding anniversary (1 year traditional gift = paper, and canvas = paper...yay!). It's one gift that I know will be hard to ever top. I will try to remember to take a picture of it and post it later, but basically it's an abstract-ish kind of silhouette done in browns and reds and yellows of Gaby and I during our first dance at the wedding. And then in Lauren's gorgeous handwriting, in gold ink, are the words to the chorus of our first dance song. It hangs in the hallway right outside our bedroom and it's seriously one of my most prized possessions.

Lauren's work was recently featured on Lilly Pea Designs. Be sure to check out her Etsy shop and her blog, too!

1 comment: