Wednesday, March 25, 2009

"Filimangos"

That's what I used to call flamingos when I was little. We had a Little Golden Book about Mr. Zookeeper and his daily routine. He would go to all the different areas of the zoo and feed the animals. I wish I remember what it was called! My brother and I loved that book, and I think we asked my mom to read it to us every single night for years. If I close my eyes, I can still vividly picture some of the illustrations. My mom got a kick out of the fact that my 3 year old, bilingual self insisted on referring to the pink, long-legged birds kept at the zoo as filimangos instead of flamingos.

I love these dishes! If I'm ever lucky enough to own an apartment on the beach, I'd totally deck out my china cabinet with these...


Found through Thoughtful Day, available at Bailey Doesn't Bark

No comments:

Post a Comment