Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Pioneer Woman cracks me up...

Any of you who are not already familiar with Ree, a.k.a. The Pioneer Woman, need to run, not walk, to her blog immediately and begin to catch up. She is a hilarious, red-headed, displaced city girl living in "the middle of nowhere" on a cattle ranch with her husband (Marlboro Man) and four adorable kids. She is an amazingly funny and inspiring writer, and a kick-ass cook. I would say at least 20% of my favorite bookmarked recipes come from her. Anyway, she never fails to crack me up, and today was no exception. She is blogging about a meatball recipe, and she shows this picture with this caption:


"Start with 1 1/2 pounds ground beef. This is home grown, baby. His name was Alfie."

OMG. LMFAO. So horribly offensive and irreverent to vegetarians everywhere, yet so deliciously hilarious at the same time. It reminds me of this t-shirt...


I apologize in advance, vegetarian readers. I hope I haven't offended you and driven you away from this blog for life.

1 comment: