Monday, March 23, 2009

Testing the waters...

I've been toying with the idea of starting a blog for a while now, and over a year ago, I did. After one post, I realized that no one wanted to read about my boring life and I quit. However, since that time, I have become much more "active" in the blogosphere - and by "active," I mean an actively passive reader. I am not one to comment a lot on blogs, but I savor them, reading every word and enjoying every picture. I'm a diehard Google Reader addict, and I currently subscribe to 146 blogs.

One of my biggest qualms about starting a blog was my worry that I wouldn't have enough original content. I'm not a talented photographer (though I'd love to learn), I love to cook and bake, but not enough to do anything fancy or blog-worthy on a regular basis (we keep things simple around here), and although I'd like to think I'm a pretty funny person, I don't know how well that would translate in this format. My life is beautiful and blessed, but fairly ordinary and unexciting. However, from time to time, things will happen to me and I think to myself, "This would make a good blog post."

The more I've gotten into reading and appreciating blogs, the more I've realized that original content doesn't really make or break it. Some of my favorite blogs are all about inspiration. It's about sharing great ideas or beautiful images. And if I'm anything, I'm a person who is very easily inspired. It's amazing how a simple but gorgeous image can make my mind race and inspire a million and one new ideas that I can find a way to apply to my everyday life. So that's what this blog will be about: INSPIRATION. I can't promise that it will always be funny, I can't promise that the material will always be original or exciting, but I promise that I will do my best to share with you some of the hundreds of inspirational ideas, links, articles, pictures, etc., that I come across weekly on the Internet. Whether it's decor, fashion, pop culture (movies, TV, music), food, or something more nerdy and boring, I'll share what inspires me in hopes that it might inspire you too.

Welcome!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging! You'll see how easy it is to post a million things. I literally have a mental queue on posts and I'm sure you will too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world! It looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete