Saturday, March 28, 2009

I feel like chicken tonight!

Three great chicken-related posts from The Kitchn:

Garlic & thyme roasted chicken with crispy dripping croutons. Yummmmmm.



Jamie Oliver's recipe for chicken in milk and lemon. Sounds so freaking weird, right? But the blogger goes as far as to say that it's the best chicken he's ever had in his life. And the pictures are enough to make a believer out of me...the meat looks so moist and fall-off-the-bone juicy. I need to get brave and try this one day.


And after you've finished one of those amazing recipes, eight great ideas for using leftover chicken. Leftovers are not always the most appetizing meal options, but if you find a way to dress them up, as lettuce wraps or chicken pizza, for example, they take on a whole new delicious life of their own. Gaby and I are not great at using our leftovers and sadly we do end up throwing away a lot of food. This is something I want to change, and recipes like this inspire me to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment